1. The nurse added some sugars to the medicine to make it easy for the child to take.
2. The sitting room would be much improved if you placed a furniture in the corner.
3. Let me give you ______.
A. some advice B. some advice C. an advice D. such an advice
4. Usually there is ______ traffic in the streets on weekdays than on Sundays.
A. little B. less C. few D. fewer
5. Jim was upset last night because he had to do too many homeworks.
6. I am afraid that there isn't ___ left for you two in my car. There are already five people in it.
A.many rooms B. any rooms C. any room D. many rooms
7. Half the forest was cut down to make a room for the new road.
8. "I like your furniture very much." "Thank you. We bought ______ in Beijing."
A. the most of them B. most of them C. the most of it D. most of it
9. Jump in the car. There's enough ______ for you.
A. place B. seat C. room D. space
10. During the storm we took ______ in the doorway of a shop.
A. help B. comfort C. guard D. shelter
11. It wasn't an accident. He did it on ______.
A.reason B. determination C. purpose D. intention
12. You'll have to pay for the holiday in ______, Tom. (2001)
A. front B. advance C. ahead D. forward
13. When he applied for a ______ in the office of the local newspaper, he was told to see the manager.
A. position B. profession C. career D. location (2001)
14. There were a lot of ______ waiting outside the theater to see the famous pop singer. (2001)
A. crowds B. assistants C. fans D. attendants
15. The tailor made him a new ______. (2002)
A. cloth B. wear C. dress D. suit
16. Your brother is very tall. What is his exact ______? (2000)
A. height B. length C. size D. breadth
17. I wanted to go there by plane but I hadn't enough money to pay for the ______. (1998)
A. journey B. distance C. road D. way
18. During the Ice Age, man developed the use of tools, and this is a way of protecting himself against ______.
A. shortcomings B. hazards C. faults D. conflicts (2004)
19. There is no easy ______ to the problem. (2003)
A. result B. consequence C. solution D. reason
20. Living in the countryside has many ______, such as beautiful scene, fresh air, and so on.
A. advantages B. interest C. profit D. benefit
1. It was difficult for him to buy good shoes because he had such a big pair of foot.
2. Many peoples can do one kind of work, but a few people can do many kinds of work.
3. Now, many people use the word Ms instead of Miss or Mrs. for example, before the name of ______in business letters.
A. woman manager B. women manager C. woman managers D. women managers
4. It was difficult for him to buy good shoes because he had such a big ______ of feet.
A. pair B. size C. couple D. number
5. The children cooked some by burning ______ and branches.
A. potatos…leaves B. potatoes…leafs C. potatos…leafs D. potatoes…leaves
6. She has to clean all the ______ in all the ______ in two hours.
A. furniture…bedroom B. furnitures…bedrooms C. furniture…bedrooms D. furnitures…bedsrooms
1. The bread and butter are very delicious.
2. Two thirds of the area are covered by water.
3. The number of the people applying for the job ______ increasing.
A. are B. is C. are being D. is being
4. The number of students who failed the chemistry examination ______to fifteen.
A.have increased B. has increased C. is increased D. are increasing
5. Neither John nor his father were able to wake up early enough to catch the morning train.
6. Reading English newspapers ______ a good way of ______ your English.
A.is… improve B. are…improving C. is…improving D. are…improve
7. Three times seven ______ twenty-one.
A. have B. are C. has D. is
8. Ten days ______ long enough for Mr. Carter to finish his design. He doesn't need any more.
A. is B. has been C. was D. had been
9. Twenty miles ______a long way to cover.
A. have been B. is C. are D. were
10. Many a student ______ that mistake before.
A. had made B. has been made C. have made D. has made
11. ______ road out of town is good, but this one is better than the other.
A. Both B. All C. None D. Neither
12. Now that the stress of examinations are over, we can all relax a while.
13. Tom, together with his family, ______ to see us tonight.
A. is coming B. are coming C. comes D. come
1. I'm going away for a ______.
A. holiday of a week B. week holiday C. holiday week D. week's holiday
2. I came across a ______ on the street yesterday morning.
A. friend of my father's B. friend of my father
C. my father's friend D. father's friend
3. He read in ______ paper that ______ industry is developing at a high speed.
A. today…China's B. today's…China C. today's…China's D. today…China
1. B: sugar 2. C: a piece of furniture 3.A 4.B 5. much homework 6.C 7. make room for 8.D 9.C 10.D 11.C 12.B 13.A 14. C 15. D 16. A 17. A 18. B 19. C 20. A
名词复数1. D: feet 2. A: people 3. D 4. A 5.D 6. C
1. D: is 2.C: is covered 3.B 4.B 5.B: was 6.C 7.D 8.A 9.B 10.D 11.D 12.B: is over 13.A
1.D 2. A 3. C